Wednesday, June 10, 2009

War Of Words: Jay-Z Addresses DJ Webstar Diss


After Hot 97's Summer Jam, DJ Webstar and Jim Jones began voicing their opinions about Jay-Z's new song Death Of Autotune.

On his Twitter page, Webstar posted a question, "Who heard old ass Jay-Z hating? The bottom line is a 40 year old can't relate to a 17 or 22 year old so he could never end my career. I know y'all said he ain't say my name but who else could he be talking about besides me and Browz? He shouted everybody else out that do it and I only have 2 songs wit autotune anyway but still right is right and wrong is wrong legend or not!"

In a previous interview with SOHH, Jay-Z said this in response to Webstar's comments. "He's a young guy," Jay explained. "So he probably, he doesn't have a full understanding of what I'm saying. So, you know, or maybe he'll understand one day, but right now, he's a young guy. He doesn't know no better!"

Jay-Z said the song D.O.A. is a street track and that the official first single Off That featuring Drake will be released sometime next month. Jay said the album is done and ready to go in an interview last week saying, "Blueprint 3, I'm ready, I got the foundation and I'm ready to blast off," Jay said last week.

"I'm pretty much at the launching pad right now. I bought my album back, I overpaid for it because I believe at this point in my career, you know, I wanted to be totally independent and free. Def Jam and Universal did a beautiful thing, they let me pay, they overcharged me a little bit, but I appreciate all the years they put into my career...I'm working with Atlantic, they gonna distribute the album. They're doing a fantastic job and by the way, I get a chance to connect with the people I started my career with."

Blueprint 3 will reportedly be released September 11th... 8 years to the day after the original classic Blueprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment