Thursday, June 11, 2009

Queen Latifah Comes Clean About Past Sexual Abuse


Rapper/singer/actress Queen Latifah has bared her soul with the confesion about her childhood plagued with sexual abuse in a new magazine interview.
In a recent interview with Essence magazine, the New Jersey native says the abuse started when her mother and father divorced when she was 10-years-old.

Now the child of a single mother, Latifah was often left in the care of a babysitter whom she says sexually abused her.

Latifah says her childhood experiences left their scars, preventing her from getting "too close" to her friends and lovers.

"He violated me," she shared. "I never told anybody. I just buried it as deeply as I could and kept people at arms length."

Often rumored to be a lesbian, Latifah failed to clarify her sexual preference, but instead revealed how her traumatic history caused her to turn down a marriage proposal.

"I never really let a person get too close to me," she said. "I could have been married years ago, but I had a commitment issue."

1 comment: