Thursday, June 25, 2009

Big Boi Promises Three Albums In Two Years


OutKast fans going through withdrawal can rest easy because Big Boi is promising three albums from the duo -- albeit two solo LPs -- within the next two years.

Big Boi says dynamic ATLiens are planning to release their highly anticipated joint project, in addition his Sir Lucious Leftfoot Son Of Chico Dusty and Andre 3000's as of yet titled solo project.

"The [solo] album is 16 cuts, everything brand new," he explained in an interview seen on iHipHop. "Featured on the record I have T.I., Too Short, George Clinton, Andre 3000 of course, Raekwon, Mary J. Blige, it's really, I use my features on the album as an extra ingredient as to different songs...We definitely planning another OutKast album. The plan right now is for me to drop my solo record, Dre is working on his solo album right now...After we put both solos out, we gonna put the OutKast album out. Soon as I turn my record in, I'll go and start doing my parts of the OutKast album as Dre is finishing his album out. Y'all gonna get three records from me and Dre in the next two years."

As previously reported, Big Boi attributed the album delays to issues with the record label he now says have been resolved.

"The push backs have just really been trying to get the situation together with the record label, and trying to learn a new system," he told Word of South. "There are some talks going on right now. I can't really release it right now. Probably within the next week or so, there will be a big announcement coming out and the album will be out this summer, believe it, it's done, it's in the can and I'm very happy with it. We got to clearing it up. It was just a new system and releasing new music in a new system that hasn't really been a part of our careers. It's been a change but I think we've reached some type of median right now which is going to lead to that big announcement that is going to come up in the next week or so. I'm just very happy about the situation right now. I can't wait to let the world know when it's coming out."

Although now expected sometime soon, there was still no sign of an exact release date for any project.

No comments:

Post a Comment