Friday, June 5, 2009

Irv Gotti: "Jay-Z Is A Better MC Than Eminem"


The discussion about "Who is the hottest MC in the Game" will never end. Most recently Irv Gotti connected with MTV and revealed his personal "Hottest MCs in the Game".

"I got a thing with Eminem," Gotti said. "This has nothing to do with the beef. I don't really feel like I have beef with Eminem. This has no hatred or nothing. This is just my opinion on it. Vibe did a thing, and they had him as the #1 rapper. Shit like that kinda pisses me off. You know why? Because let's take Eminem's records. Watch my analogy. Eminem is a great artist, no doubt. He puts words together, he's witty, a smart lyricist, a great lyricist. But how can we say the guy is the best rapper alive? Look at Hov. He makes real records. Every one of Eminem's first singles is some clown shit. He's clowning. Is that the #1? That's not my #1 rapper, man."

Gotti added that Hov would win in a direct battle with Em. He said that back in the day, Slim Shady wouldn't have a chance against a young Jay or DMX and Ja Rule.

"No disrespect, you're a great lyricist, but I come from a school - I know they 'battled' in 8 Mile - but I come from where they battled on the streets with guns out," the head of Murder Inc. said. "They would have put you under pressure. All that 'off the top,' they would have put you under pressure. I been to battles with X, Jay and Ja, that was some real shit. Homie, you wouldn't been able to survive. These niggas was going with written shit. In your grill. X [would say,] 'I don't walk, I stalk, living foul.' Saying some shit you wouldn't been able to withstand."

Gotti said Em would survive in a cipher with the big dogs. "You would have been like, 'My name is Em and I eat M&Ms. I eat you.' What?" Gotti said.

The Murder Inc. CEO said the Detroit legend would have been greeted with three harsh words, "'Shut the fuck up!' It would have been a 'shut the fuck up' moment off the top. Dame [Dash] would have been like, 'Look at him. He's crunchy! He's wack!' Then I look at the singles he put out. They're all good, but they only work for him. I say take Eminem, and let him say 'Hard Knock Life.' Still hot. Now let's have Jay-Z say the 'We Made You' song. They would laugh him out the fucking building. ... It would be over."

1 comment:

  1. ummmmmmm back in the day eminem did a a small record WITH jay-z titled "Renegade." if anyone doesnt think Em ate him up on his own record, go listen to ether again. Irv is trippin. Em's lyrics have never been so weak to say 'i eat m&m's. i eat you' wtf is he thinking. he still mad Em ate him all those years and pushed murder inc outta business. Em WAS a little more passive on his very first underground album...but that was before the kim shit and his real reason to write lmao

    ReplyDelete