Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ja Rule Talks Irv Gotti, New Album


In light of the recent news regarding the departure of Ashanti and Lloyd, Murder Inc. former flagship artist Ja Rule is speaking out on his status with Irv and the label.
Although no longer signed to Murder Inc., Ja says he and Irv are still moving as a unit.

"I'm working, I'm not in a rush," he told MTV about his upcoming album. "I'm in the studio working every day. I'm about to go in the studio and work right now and finish up on the album. The album's coming out incredible. It's very different. I wanted to make it special. I wanted the album to be out of this world, and it's definitely shaping up to that. I'm not in a rush. I got a new situation -- my Empire Music Group. Gotti's got Murder Inc. We're both still together -- there's no separation. We're both together doing what we do, but I got my own situation and I got new artists. We're putting it together."

Ja's words about his former label situation come less than a week after R&B artist Lloyd dropped the bomb that he wanted out of his situation with Murder Inc.

"I'm ready for a change," Lloyd wrote in a statement. "There's no bad blood. I just feel I need to take more control over my career and get a fresh start. Hopefully Irv can understand my position."

At press time, there was still no word on when Ja's new project would be released.

No comments:

Post a Comment