Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lloyd Banks Talks Life After Interscope


With his dealings with Interscope now in his rear view mirror, Lloyd Banks recently spoke out on what he is looking for in his next label situation and his upcoming album.
During the interview with Hip Hop Game, the G-Unit rapper confirmed not only his status at Interscope, but his plans for his next album.

"I'm not a solo artist on Interscope," he said in the interview. "I'm pretty sure in the next couple of months it will probably be inked out. There are a lot of things on the table right now and this is 50's last album requirement for Interscope Records. We'll be in negotiations at some point with him and as a whole in the very near future...As far as contracts go, I'm not going to be signing no 360, five album deal. I got offers right now for one album and things of that nature. Overall experience and how much time you have to dabble with will determine what you get into...I probably got 80 to 90 records in preparation so when I finish my next mixtape I'm going to only focus on my new album and put the finishing touches on that."

During an interview with MTV last month, Banks seemed less than thrilled with the "machine" called Interscope records, blasting the label and biased and accusing them of not giving him a fair shot.

"I was ready to make a move," Banks said about leaving the powerhouse label. "I'm a brand-new engine. If anything, it's their loss. It's been a dark shadow cast upon that. That's why you hear [Funkmaster] Flex on the radio [boycotting Interscope], because it's an aura created around that machine, and the artists automatically get smacked in the head...I felt it's time for me to go somewhere where it's not biased and I get a fair shot. There's a lot of stuff on the table right now. You don't wanna speak about it until it gets ironed out all the way...Everything happened for a reason. I feel like I'm so blessed because of my work ethic and how easy the music is coming to me. It feels so good to be an independent artist with a brand. I have direct deals with iTunes and things of that nature, where it's direct money coming to me. It's 50 percent of me that's not pressed to be on a major."

At press time, there was no word on a release date for Banks' project.

No comments:

Post a Comment