Thursday, June 25, 2009

Missy Elliott Plans Biopic


Despite steering clear of the public eye for the past few years Missy Elliott has been busy working on a movie about her life and rise to fame.
Although most famous as a huge female force in a male dominated industry, Missy says she had a hard road to success.

Having endured rape at the hands of her older cousin and domestic violence at the hands of her father, Missy says her past is a big part of her journey and she is still in the process of making sure the movie stays true to that.

"It's happening; I've just got to find a great writer because I wouldn't want my story watered down," she told Elle magazine. "I went through a lot, and I accomplished a lot, and I want people to know how it all went down."

With twenty years in the game, Missy's resume boasts six platinum albums.

She has also appeared as herself in movies like Honey, Pootie Tang, and Just For Kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment