Sunday, June 14, 2009

Irv Gotti Responds To Lloyd's Request For Freedom


Murder Inc. head Irv Gotti has officially responded to Lloyd's request to split from the label and the commercial failure of his last album.

Although he said he is unclear about why Lloyd wants the separation, Irv says he will take his request "into consideration."

"He is still signed with Murder Inc. and I will make a decision shortly on what I am gonna do with him," Gotti wrote in a statement. "His last record didn't sell well at all. And, once again, he had his CREATIVE freedom to do whatever he wanted to do. But for some reason the people did not respond to the album or to him. But I will decide what I wanna do! As always when it comes to me, it's Murder For Life! And anyone who doesn't wanna be apart of that, I will take into consideration."

Yo! Raps previously reported on Lloyd's plea for a change late last week.

"I'm ready for a change," he said in a statement. "There's no bad blood. I just feel I need to take more control over my career and get a fresh start. Hopefully Irv can understand that."

No comments:

Post a Comment