Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Alchemist Got Paid $350,000 For Song On Lil Wayne's "Carter 3"


Alchemist is all set to drop his new album Chemical Warfare on July 7th but one of the songs he recorded for the album won't make the cut.

In a recent interview with XXL, Alchemist explained how his song You Ain't Got Nuthin' ended up on Lil Wayne's Carter 3.

"I'm gonna keep it real, at first, I was angry, just the stubborn, dumb rapper/producer guy. Like, 'Nah, son, I'm making an album! You're pulling my arm out of my body! This is a finger on my body and you're making the body incomplete.' But there was an artist who shall remain nameless who was with me at the time who was like, 'Shit, if you don't wanna use that shit, I will! At first the record was done without Wayne and then we sent to Wayne to get the hook on it and it came back with his verse. At first, with the whole effect on the voice, I wasn't crazy about it - not that I'm against it, I just don't know if that's how I heard it on the record. It worked out. Hallelujah."

Although he didn't intend for the song to end up the way it did Alchemist was paid a nice chunk of change for the record.

"Universal cut me a check that was $350 grand," he said. "I'm chillin now. Thanks!"

Alchemist also explained the reasoning behind the album's title. "Basically, it's Chemical Warfare because the first album was 1st Infantry and this is a futuristic version. Chemical Warfare is the type of war that isn't fought with sticks and bats type of shit, where people start dropping. There is a power you don't see. You don't know where it is and that's basically the concept."

Chemical Warfare features guest appearances from Fabolous, Mobb Deep, Dilated Peoples, Kool G Rap, Pusha T, Jadakiss, Snoop Dogg, Twista, Maxwell, Three 6 Mafia, Juvenile, Eminem and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment