Saturday, December 5, 2009

Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy & DJ Drama Squash The Beef


During DJ Drama's Gangsta Grillz show last night (December 3) on Atlanta radio station Hot 107.9, Young Jeezy and Gucci Mane came on air and expressed their wishes to dead a beef that first started in 2005.

"You know nobody can ever change this history we made, we made classics," said Jeezy regarding his relationship with DJ Drama. "And besides that, we opened up a lane for a lot of these young cats to come into the game. I seen more trappin' in the industry now than I ever seen. I know we had a lot to do with this...I just want everyone to know, just by me and you sitting here talking, that's what men do. Now it's back to the money, it's back to the business. I ain't gonna lie, I was caught up in my feelings...We gotta make some more history and we gotta open some more doors for these people man."

"On my end it's like even through everything, we weren't speaking a lot, there was stuff in there. Then I realized we can agree to disagree. We are letting you know it's bigger than us. We do what we do for y'all," said Drama. "We are about to get so much more money, we are about to make so many more outlets for revenue for the city, for everybody to eat."

Drama and Jeezy had fallen out after Drama released a 2008 Gangsta Grillz mixtape with Gucci Mane, whom Jeezy was at the time beefing with. Jeezy reacted by calling the Atlanta-based DJ a traitor and accused him of changing after he became famous. A war of words ensued and would lead to several altercations between the their entourages at various music industry events.

The beef between Gucci Mane and Jeezy stems from a 2005 single featuring both rappers entitled, So Icy. The hit track was initially supposed to be featured on Young Jeezy's debut album, but instead ended up on appearing on Gucci's independent album, Back To the Trap House. After a few diss tracks the feud quickly escalated with Gucci Mane murdering a CTE affiliate in 2005. He was eventually acquitted of the crime 2006 after his lawyers proved the rapper was acting in self-defense.

Gucci phoned into the radio show from jail and said that he was ready to move on by squashing the beef.

"I'm 100% down with it [squashing the beef], you know I'm 10 toes forward. I'm with it and I think it's a great idea and that's what I'm fittin' to do. I hope everybody is ready 'cause it's back on," said Mane.


No comments:

Post a Comment