Thursday, December 17, 2009

Kid CuDi Kicked Off Of Lady GaGa's "Monster Ball Tour"


Grammy-nominated rapper Kid CuDi has been dropped from the North American leg of Lady GaGa's Monster Ball Tour where he was the opening act.

Reports hit the internet yesterday (December 16) that CuDi was going to be dropped from the tour as a result of the altercation he had with a fan during the December 12th concert in Vancouver, Canada.

While the reports were merely speculation at first, representatives from GaGa's record label have confirmed the rumors. According to TMZ, the sources at Interscope said that the rapper is no longer with the tour but wouldn't give a reason as to why. Kid CuDi is however set to be replaced by pop singer Jason Derulo whose debut single, Whatcha Say hit the #1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 charts last month.

CuDi's run-in with the fan, Michael Sharpe, was caught on camera and shows the rapper going into the Commodore Ballroom audience after a wallet was tossed onstage and hitting Sharpe in the face.

Sharpe released a statement explaining what happened saying, "So here's the story: Some guy throws their wallet at CuDi (his wallet, I don't know why). Being in front, everyone reached out when [Kid Cudi] was like, 'Oh, who wants this?' Of course, everyone in the front is going to be, 'Yeah it's mine.' So I caught it and when he was walking away, I believe he jokingly said, 'If that's not yours, I'ma come get you.' A couple seconds later, I felt bad so I tossed it on stage (clearly not throwing it at him, but just tossing it) and he comes down, over the barricade, and punched me. The people beside me were f*cking awesome. The fans were actually holding him back. Then, the bouncer came and the show ended. I still have my wallet."

Sharpe told TMZ that he does not plan to press charges against CuDi. "I'm not upset, I'm not going to be that person," he said. "I just want to meet him and be like, 'I'm the guy you punched.'"

Below is the footage showing the altercation:


No comments:

Post a Comment