Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ghostface Killah Blames Jay-Z For "Killing" Song


Ghostface Killah is pointing the finger at Jay-Z's D.O.A., blaming the rapper's song for putting a hurting on his Ron Browz assisted She's A Killer.
Ghost revealed his feelings to Best of Both Offices, saying he although he understands Jay's stance on the subject, he's still a bit salty about what the record and subsequent movement did to his record.

"I had Ron Browz on it," Ghost said about the track. "It was about a co-defendant of mine, she was real sexy and putting in work, real pretty and she'll slay you. She'll rock you to sleep and get whatever you got. She'd do anything, everybody liked her -- We let it out but then your boy Jay-Z came with that f*cking Death of [Autotune] sh*t and vocalled the sh*t and smashed my f*cking joint, you know what I mean? He smashed my sh*t with that sh*t, I understand, I felt like how Jay felt but when I did the record, I didn't care about all that sh*t, 'cause I'm just worried about me. So when he came with that sh*t, that 'Death of' a lot of deejays were on that 'Yeah yeah,' sucking his d*ck. And now left your boy out there with a record that would have been bubbling on some other sh*t though, you know what I mean? It's all good though."

There is no word on if the track is from Ghostface's upcoming R&B album, Wizard Of Poetry, but the rapper has been working on refining his inner crooner for his last Def Jam effort for some time now.

"I always wanted to do an R&B album," he told Rap Radar in a previous interview. "Since back then, but the name Wizard of Poetry been around the longest, since The Pretty Toney album. I just never got to it where it felt like go ahead and let The Wizard of Poetry, that name, out there like that. So it makes sense now with me doing an R&B album with a bunch of stories, explaining my story and stuff like that so I'm thinking, 'Okay, it's going together.' The Wizard of Poetry is telling my story, check out my poetry in Emerald City. I was gonna at first base the album around Wizard of Oz. That's where Emerald City came in. But you can't use the same likeliness, but I'm still gonna go the same way... It's more-less a musical joint, like n*ggas make music. I went, got nice R&B artists, told 'em go ahead and lay the hooks down, I'll lay the verses. And we just placed 'em together. Put everything in place and sent it out."

1 comment:

  1. how sad, very sad to hear that , i heard jay z is retiring, so the things will be good

    ReplyDelete