Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Papoose Talks Remy Ma Marriage, Prison Riot Rumors


n a recent interview with Jenny Boom Boom, rapper Papoose confirmed his marriage to incarcerated femcee Remy Ma and pledged his support during her toughest times.

In addition to dropping the marriage bomb, Papoose also gave fans an update on Remy's son and spoke to the New York Post rumors that he incited prison gang violence with a Rikers Island performance.

"Remy, she's maintaining and she's getting through it," Pap explained in the interview. "I visit her every other day at this point and kids want autographs from both of us. In the beginning I was there everyday, but I got a lot of things to maintain out here so I'm there every other day. Yup [we're married.]...[The wedding] was the best it could possibly be. It's something that I'm proud of and we're gonna stick by each other...Her son is good money, he's maintaining. He goes to see her from time to time...We're just teaching him the right things, letting him know his mother is gonna be out here soon...Dudes really don't hold females down when it comes to these situations. Real people do real things, I do it from the heart...[The Rikers Island rumors] is the New York Post once again taking shots at me. I mean it's true I went there to do a show, I went to Rikers Island before for an inmate, when I went there, it was smooth, the inmates had a good time, nothing happened...I would have been arrested if that happened."

As previously reported by Yo! Raps, Remy Ma was also the subject of headlines for a recently penned letter to fans.

"I always find myself thinking about what I was doing a year ago, two years ago, five years ago today," she wrote in a letter posted to GlobalGrind.com. "I never remember exactly where till I find myself imagining where I would be today. I rarely listen to the radio because it's sort of depressing. Not being able to record is stressful not because I'm a rapper but because that was my way of venting and expressing myself. So I write a lot! So much that now I have a callous on my finger from holding a pen. I guess I got used to texting my rhymes! ...Everyone in prison isn't innocent but everyone in prison isn't guilty. So whether you end up here on purpose or by accident, the pain you're feeling is still the same. And I can quote a lot "gangsters" by saying that "I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy..."

Remy is currently serving an eight year sentence in connection with the shooting of a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment