Sunday, May 31, 2009

Busta Rhymes: Diddy Help Me Perfect My Swag


During a recent interview with Vlad TV, Busta Rhymes revealed his long history with Diddy and how the mogul helped him with the swag that molded his career.
In a flashback to a studio session with Diddy, Busta recalled the influence of the hip hop taste maker's harsh but true words.

"It was a combination of not really the wider audience, it was more directed towards the women," Busta explained. "Like one day, me, Diddy and Q-Tip were in the studio and I tell people this story on a regular basis, like motherf*cker, Diddy was being a a**hole with me in the studio trying to f*cking pop off joke sh*t. But he said something that stuck with me and Q-Tip was kinda saying the same sh*t to me. And Puff said 'Yo Busta, b*tches don't wanna go rowwl rowwwl like a dungeon dragon with you on every f*cking record. Calm that sh*t down man. Try to spit on a song where you articulate your sh*t clearer and f*cking use your regular voice. What the f*ck is the screaming all the time on the record? B*tches don't find that sh*t sexy.' I was like, 'Yo f*ck you n*gga,' and ultimately, I went home and thought about the sh*t and then I also felt I wasn't gonna just do this sh*t because they told me to do it, I gotta do that sh*t 'cause it feels right to me."

Diddy's word apparently paid off, as Busta has enjoyed a career much longer than most of his counterparts.

His latest project, Back On My B*llsh*t, recently debuted with 59,300 copies sold in the first week, an admirable feat in today's declining traditional music market.

No comments:

Post a Comment